- What this Policy Covers
- Information We Collect
- Use of Information
- Sharing and Disclosure of Information
- Your Choices Regarding Direct Marketing
- How We Protect Information
- Sponsored or Co-Sponsored Activities
- International Transfer
- Access to Data
- Additional Information Regarding Children’s Privacy
- How to Contact Us
- Policy Modifications
Topps is committed to providing fun, entertaining, and secure Sites for all ages. Because many visitors to our Sites are children, we make an effort to provide content that is appropriate for them. In addition, we have implemented special measures to help children protect their privacy while online. For example, we do not ask children to disclose more personal information than is necessary for them to participate in a particular activity, and we take steps to prevent children from publicly posting contact information. For more information regarding these additional measures, please see the section below titled, “Additional Information Regarding Children.”
Information We Collect
To enable you to enjoy certain features and activities offered at out Sites, Topps may collect Personal Data from you when you:
- Register online;
- Participate in one of our online games, activities or applications;
- Participate in competitions or promotions;
- Post on a message board or in a forum;
- Participate in a survey or online poll;
- Subscribe to newsletters or other communications;
- Process your transactions (e.g., process your purchases from our online store); or
- Contact us with a comment, question, or for further information.
We may collect certain types of Personal Data, including your name, screen name, password, security question and answer, email address, postal address, telephone number, birthday, and debit or credit card information. To provide you with a more personalized experience, we may also collect other Personal Data, including your interests, preferences, and demographic (e.g., age and gender) information.
We also may collect other information including, the Internet protocol (IP) address and the type of computer operating system you are using (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the type of browser you are using (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer), the domain name of the Internet service provider, your activities while visiting our Sites, your activities while playing games or using services on our Sites, and the content you accessed.
Use of Information
Topps may use your Personal Data:
- To process and respond to inquiries and requests (including sending you our electronic newsletters or other information about Topps products or services in which you express an interest);
- To enable you to participate in online games, contests or promotions;
- To enable you to communicate with other users via message boards, chat, or e-cards;
- To provide you with personalized content;
- To send you email updates about important functionality changes to the Sites, special offers from us and our partners, new Topps services, and other news items; and
- To fulfill purchase or transaction orders you request via our Site, and to track the delivery and payment for those transactions.
From time to time, we may combine Personal Data we collect through our Sites with information that we collect from other sources (e.g., offline records or publicly available information)
We also may use and share information which is not Personal Data. The use and disclosure of such information is not subject to any restrictions under this policy. Additionally, we may take Personal Data and anonymize it and share it in an anonymized or aggregated form with third parties, advertisers and business partners in order to analyze site usage, improve our service or service offerings, and improve our user experience, or for similar purposes.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
- Topps Family of Companies: We may share Personal Data within the Topps Family of companies, which may use Personal Data for the purposes described above.
- Service Providers: We may share Personal Data collected through our Sites with third parties (agents or service providers) that process information on our behalf. For example, we may use such agents or service providers to host our Sites, help us with competitions or promotions, send e-mails on our behalf, and process online transactions.
- Business Partners: With your consent, we may share Personal Data with non-affiliated third parties to enable them to provide you with additional products or services opportunities. Please see the section below titled, “Your Choices to Receive Direct Marketing” for more information on how to changes your preferences or opt out of such information sharing.
- Business Transactions: We may transfer Personal Data collected at our Sites if we or one of our affiliates are acquired by, sold to, or merged with another entity.
Your Choices Regarding Direct Marketing
With your consent, we also may use Personal Data collected at our Sites for the following purposes:
- Direct marketing of our own sports, entertainment, collectible, candy products and services and on behalf of other companies within the Topps Family;
- Direct marketing products and services on behalf of selected non-affiliated sports, collectible, games and candy companies; and
- Sharing information with non-affiliated sports, entertainment, collectible and media companies to enable them to market these types of products or services to you.
Receiving marketing communications is voluntary. If at any time you wish to change your marketing preferences or opt out entirely from receiving further marketing information from us, you can log into your account if you have registered at one of our Sites, follow the unsubscribe instructions in our e-mail communications, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Protect Information
Topps uses commercially reasonable physical and electronic security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your Personal Data. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
We will continue to enhance our security procedures as new technology becomes available. Topps employees and processors who have access to Personal Data are obliged to respect the privacy of our visitors and the confidentiality of Personal Data.
We may provide links to other sites. We are not responsible for those other sites, their privacy policies, or how they treat the information of their users. We advise you to review their privacy policies for information on how those sites collect, use, and protect your information.
Sponsored or Co-Sponsored Activities
Topps will collect and process your Personal Data in the United Kingdom in accordance with English law and the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
However, as Topps operates globally, we may need to transfer to and process Personal Data about you on our servers in the United States. Please note that the data protection laws of other countries, such as the United States, may not offer a level of privacy protection equivalent to that within the European Economic Area of which the United Kingdom is part. We will take reasonable steps to protect Personal Data collected at our Sites even if hosted in servers outside of the EEA.
By using this Site, you expressly consent to your Personal Data being transferred to the United States of America and other countries which do not have the same level of data protection as within the EEA.
Access to Data
You can ask us what Personal Data we hold about you and you can also request to receive a copy of that Personal Data. Before sending you any Personal Data we will ask you to provide proof of your identity. If you are not able to provide proof of your identity we reserve the right to refuse to send you the Personal Data.
You also have the right to correct and update any Personal Data that we hold. Again, we will need proof of your identity before we will accept such a request.
We will try to respond promptly to requests for access to data or to update or correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data. To do so please email us at email@example.com. We may make a small charge before giving you copies of your Personal Data.
Additional Information Regarding Children’s Privacy
At Topps, children’s privacy is important to us. We are committed to providing fun, entertaining, and secure Sites for all ages, particularly our younger users. Therefore, we have implemented the special measures described below to help children protect their privacy while online.
Information We Collect: There are many activities on the Topps Sites or portions of Sites directed to children that children can participate in and enjoy without providing Personal Data. To enable their participation in some of our interactive features (e.g., contests, newsletters, online games, electronic postcards to family or friends), children will need to provide us with certain Personal Data. The types of Personal Data is typically limited to first name and e-mail addresses, together perhaps with the name of the town you live in, date of birth and whether you are a boy or a girl.
Use and Disclosure of Information: To participate in certain features, we may ask a visitor to register. When users who attempt to register indicate that they are children, depending on their age or location, we either collect no Personal Data from them or inform them that a parent or guardian’s consent is necessary to participate in the activity. To obtain consent, we will collect the e-mail address of the visitor’s parent or guardian in addition to that of the visitor. We use the parent or guardian’s e-mail address to obtain consent or notify parents or guardians of their child’s online activities and to enable them to unsubscribe the child from a newsletter or other similar activity. Where we know a user is a child we will ask for a minimum of Personal Data necessary for the child to participate in the activity concerned.
Unless we indicate otherwise or obtain consent, Personal Data collected from children is generally used by Topps or Topps’ agent and contractors for internal purposes, such as enabling visitors to enter our online competitions, to subscribe to an online newsletter, to play an online game, to provide customer service, or for the purposes for which the information was provided. We do not share children’s Personal Data with third parties.
We will collect Personal Data from children themselves where they are aged 12 years and over. Where children are younger than 12 we will only collect Personal Data with permission from a parent or guardian. We will not collect Personal Data about adults from children.
The provisions under “Access to Data” above apply to access of children or their parents to their own or their child’s Personal Data or to updating their Personal Data.
How to Contact Us
Topps Europe Limited
18 Vincent Avenue